We now accept Visa, MasterCard, and Discover cards as well as debit cards and E-check payments either online or by phone.
- The “Pay My Bill” link to Paymentus will no longer be usable on November 24, 2022.
SmartHub – Pay Now
Getting Started with SmartHub is as Easy as 1-2-3!
As you work down this page, you’ll complete the following checklist and be on your way to managing your account like never before! Make payments, monitor usage, and save the planet.
- Register your SmartHub Account
- Download the new app!
- Activate the Features You Want
Automatic Bill Payment
Custer Public Power District is excited to announce the offering of Automatic Clearing House (ACH) as an additional payment option. No more writing out checks, waiting at the post office, or remembering to pay the electric bill, Custer will automatically withdraw your monthly bill directly from a checking or savings account.
This is how it works. You will receive a statement during your designated billing cycle showing the exact amount to be debited from your account on the due date. The due date depending will be the 10th, 20th, or 30th depending on your billing cycle. The statement will say “Bank Account will be drafted on xx/xx/xx.” indicating the automatic withdrawal is set up.
This free service is available to all monthly accounts.
Guidelines for Automatic Clearing House (ACH) Bank Drafts
- Monthly accounts only – no seasonally billed accounts will be considered.
- Must complete and submit authorization form with necessary information. The ACH bank draft can be set up through SmartHub or by filling out the authorization form at the office or downloading from the above link and mailing it to the office.
- After signing the authorization form, please make one more normal payment. The 1st billing serves as a pre-authorization between you, CPPD, and your bank. The 2nd billing will automatically deduct from your bank account.
- One (1) Insufficient Fund bank draft returned – you would no longer be eligible for automatic withdrawal for 1-year following the date of bank draft return.
- Must fill out a new ACH Authorization form if you change banks starting the process over with the pre-authorization.
- Budget Billing customers are eligible for ACH payments
Dial 1-833-526-0294 and you will be linked to a secure automatic telephone payment system.
- Please have one of the following identifying numbers available to locate your account.
- Account Number
- Phone Number
- E-Check payments will require a PIN number to be set up.
- You will need to enter your credit or debit card information along with the amount being paid.
- You will be prompted to confirm that you have agreed to pay a convenience fee of $3.95.
- You will be provided with a confirmation number when the transaction is successful.
Frequently Asked Questions
How will my payment be confirmed?
Payment by either method will be made known to Custer Public Power instantaneously therefore if you wish, you may call the Custer Power office immediately after making a payment. Call 1-888-749-2453.
Why is the convenience fee required?
Credit card companies charge businesses like Custer Power a percentage of the payment for processing it. To be fair to all customers, we have to ensure that the users of the credit card service pay for the service.
How much will I be paying in convenience fees?
Customers may make payments for transaction amounts up to $500 and a fee of $3.95. For payment transaction amounts larger than $500, you will be required to repeat the transaction.
How can I get more information on credit card payments?
If you have any questions, please give us a call at 1-888-749-2453.