WHAT’S THE PROCESS?
- Have a plan
- Have your project location picked out (house, stockwell, etc.)
- Have your driveway planned out, if applicable
- Have a decision made as to where you want the transformer located, or where you want the last pole to be located, keeping in mind on overhead construction that there will be a guy wire 35-40’ beyond the last pole.
- When called to schedule a meeting, do so when you have the time to have our representative present all options and explain to him your plans, including any future plans you may have
- Sign and return all paperwork and make any payment needed as soon as possible. In most cases, the project costs will be known after the project has been staked.
- Notify an electrician and keep them informed and updated
After we receive the information from you by either the website, your call or by stopping in at our Broken Bow main office, the next step is to set up an appointment to meet with you at the site and look at your options. That’s why it is important to give us your best available call-back number and what day and time of the day works best for you to meet with us. Your options will be discussed and a preliminary estimate may be given.
After meeting with you and you decide to proceed with the project, our staking technician Dustin Wyckoff will stake the project. If, after the staking has been completed, you change your mind on any of the staking locations and we have to go and restake the project, there will be a second trip charge to your account. When the actual staking in the field has been completed, your share of the project cost will be known and discussed with you.
- Forms and Invoices
If there are forms that we need that have not been signed and returned to us yet they will get mailed to you or held until your office visit. An invoice will be created with the amount due that needs to be paid in full before the project can be scheduled for construction. If you need to make payments, let our staff know and arrangements will be made, keeping in mind that the project will not be scheduled until the payment is received in full.
- Released Project
After all needed forms and applications are approved and returned, and payment is received, the project gets released to the Operations Department for material analysis and crew scheduling.